CPE remote access

Tigran work1415 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:40:38 EDT 2016

Hello, first of all I'd like to mention that I am a "newbie", that's why I'd
highly appreciate any detailed(transparent) answers concerning the usage of
the program(genieacs).
We have an ISP network of CPE's(DSL modems); most of the models are: Zhone
1511; Zhone 6511; they are configured manually(upon providing to the
Subscribers), with some specific settings so that to meet our network
parameters(mostly, for remote management), such as: IP over Ethernet; NAT
enabled etc.
The need to use the program(genieacs) is mostly, because of the lack of
remote management of the CPE's(DSL modems) when they are on their "reset"
state; on that state(reset) they are getting an IP address through their
"bridge" interface and we no longer can access them remotely; however we are
able to gain some info of those devices such as: the MAC address. I hope
that with the help of the program(genieacs) we could gain access to those
"reset" CPE's through TR069 protocol.
Following this:
https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/wiki/Script-Installation---Ubuntu
installation guide, I've managed to install and run the program(genieacs) on
ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
The program seems to run normally(genieacs-cwmp, genieacs-nbi, genieacs-fs
and rails.); the gui of the web(http://127.0.0.1:3000) runs normal as well.
I am now on a stage of configuration; I was reading the manuals on:
https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/ and following the API reference guide
have tried to query to some devices(but with the lack of knowledge to where
actually query; I have queried them in a cli session at genieacs installed
folder) however so far I was not able to actually "locate" any CPE on our
network..
The main question is: how to proceed further after installing the
program(genieacs)?
I can provide more info, including the screen shots. Would appreciate Your