Real-Time Stats Retrieval

mark at montanasky.net mark at montanasky.net
Thu May 5 10:16:47 EDT 2016

On 2016-05-05 08:13, Mark Wiggins wrote:
> From: Users <users-bounces at lists.genieacs.com> on behalf of Zaid
> Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>
>  Date: Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:53 AM
>  To: Community support for GenieACS users <users at lists.genieacs.com>
>  Subject: Re: Real-Time Stats Retrieval
>
> On Mon, 2016-05-02 at 10:29 -0600, mark at montanasky.net wrote:
>
>> I mean whatever parameters I specify. In my case it would be
>> Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Attenuation, but the specifics don't
>> really
>> matter.
>
> Why don't you use presets to refresh those parameters periodically? To
>
> answer your other question about refresh rate, 5 minutes rate should
> be
> okay for a couple thousand devices. Best way to know for sure is to
> actually test it:
> https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/wiki/Measuring-Gen [1]
> ieACS-Performance

Thank you for the information, I will try using the presets.

> The tasks are getting queued probably because for some reason the ACS
> cannot send a connection request to the device. If you're not seeing
> authentication failed message, then you can use tcpdump or Wireshark
> find out why the connection request is failing.

Can you offer any suggestions on HOW to do those things?
I don't mind googling for answers, but I've actually already tried
to figure out how to do this with tcpdump, and wasn't successful.
Anything to point me in the right direction would be much
appreciated.

>> Can you please point me to the documentation for notifications? I
>> am unable to find any.
>
> I believe he's referring to Dan's fork here:
> https://github.com/akcoder [2]
> /genieacs
>
> --
> Zaid Abdulla