Configuring genieacs UI

James Harrison james at talkunafraid.co.uk
Tue May 10 03:03:40 EDT 2016

On 10/05/2016 05:49, Oliver Kraitschy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 3000 is just the default port of the RoR development server. Run it with
>
> bin/rails server -p 80
>
> and enjoy the convenience that is port 80.
>
> SSL support is currently not implemented and thus HTTPS not possible to
> use without proxying the traffic through something which adds SSL.
>
> Greetings,
> Oliver

I'd strongly recommend plonking nginx in front of it as a reverse proxy;
this has the huge security benefit that you need not run Rails as root,
which it would need to to bind to port 80. nginx can also handle static
content serving much faster than Rails.

https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/reverse-proxy/

I'd also consider a non-default-rails server; thin is a reasonable
server, unicorn even moreso, puma if it can be threaded, and passenger
(mod_rails) performs as well as the rest.

--
Cheers,
James Harrison