AW: How can I dynamically set configuration items?

Michael Neumann mn at jm-data.at
Fri May 13 16:24:27 EDT 2016

Hi Philip,

I think before you change the code maybe have a look to the API. This was very useful for me.

https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/wiki/API-Reference

I am testing different ways to work with the genieacs and different boxes.

I think I will use the presets only for refreshing statistic values and some basic settings that's always the same to a specific device type.

User specific settings i will push over the api.

When you try to make more complex setting where you must check first if the object is existing, adding objects, combine settings with your database, ... I think you will be much more flexible with the api.

I think an interesting point is to find a way to make the changes in the right time. That you not overwrite settings from the user and you can set the config fast enough after a factory reset or a device change .....

Currently i try to combine my management software with genieacs with the patch "RemoteNotifications" from Dan.
https://github.com/akcoder/genieacs/tree/RemoteNotifications

I think that could be a good final solution - but I am still in testing phase ....

Regards

Michael Neumann