Deploying GenieACS with Docker

Guillaume Mazoyer gmazoyer at gravitons.in
Mon May 23 12:18:10 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Oliver Kraitschy <okraits at arcor.de> wrote:
> One question quickly arises, though: why don't you use one container which
> contains all components (mongodb, redis, genieacs and genieacs-gui)? How
> do you ensure that all required components/containers are there and in the
> required version?
Running all processes inside one docker would require to have some
kind of init system like supervisord can provide. This is not the
standard Docker approach. Having one docker per process is a much
better approach according to Docker best practices. But it can be
complicated to setup and orchestrate, that's why docker-compose is
for. I'm quite new to Docker myself, and dockerizing GenieACS is
actually one of my first attempt at using Docker for real.

--
Guillaume Mazoyer - https://respawner.fr/