Deploying GenieACS with Docker

Guillaume Mazoyer gmazoyer at gravitons.in
Tue May 31 06:19:13 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Oliver Kraitschy <okraits at arcor.de> wrote:
> 1. You don't need to explicitly install git in the genieacs-base image, the
> node image provides common debian packages, including git.
Good to know, I'll update the dockerfile to remove this.

> 2. Why do you use the old node:0.10 and not the current LTS node:4.4?
The reason is quite simple. The installation guide has been written
with Ubuntu 14.04 in mind and it tells to install the nodejs-legacy
package. And this package contains the 0.10.25 version of node. That's
why I used the old node:0.10 image.

> 3. Why do you use ruby and not rails as the base image for the genieacs-
> gui image? I could imagine it's because of size. rails:4.2 has already
> 837.1 MB and the genieacs-gui image has 823.3 MB.
Meh few MB will not kill anyone but I actually haven't thought about
it. I used a ruby image as base because it felt natural to me.

> I've got some points on my agenda to further improve the genieacs docker
> setup to get it ready to be used for development and production:
>
> - easy transition from development to production
> - easy import of custom genieacs configuration
> - easy use of a specific git branch of genieacs
> - replace WEBrick for production
>
> What do you think about these points?
They are valid and I encourage to go ahead with these.
Feel free to contribute to my repository, I suppose it would benefit
anyone if we could regroup our efforts :)

--
Guillaume Mazoyer - https://respawner.fr/