Deploying GenieACS with Docker

Oliver Kraitschy okraits at arcor.de
Tue May 31 04:56:18 EDT 2016

Hi Guillaume,

it is working here, too. I've got 3 comments, though:

1. You don't need to explicitly install git in the genieacs-base image, the
node image provides common debian packages, including git.

2. Why do you use the old node:0.10 and not the current LTS node:4.4?

3. Why do you use ruby and not rails as the base image for the genieacs-
gui image? I could imagine it's because of size. rails:4.2 has already
837.1 MB and the genieacs-gui image has 823.3 MB.

I've got some points on my agenda to further improve the genieacs docker
setup to get it ready to be used for development and production:

- easy transition from development to production
- easy import of custom genieacs configuration
- easy use of a specific git branch of genieacs
- replace WEBrick for production

What do you think about these points?

Greetings,
Oliver