Using idividual presets for CPE´s variable data

noc@gibfibrespeed.net mberniz at gibfibrespeed.net
Wed Nov 23 19:26:42 EST 2016

Hello,

I cant find a way to create variable data based on the CPE serial number (because I cannot create Objects in 1.1.0 and I have no idea on how to use provisions scripts). But I have found I could provision CPE´s using an individual preset for each CPE containing individuals parameters like PPPoE username, SIP account and such.

Is it advisable to do it like that? I think the system will handle about 5,000 CPE´s as many.

Another question is how to abstract the parameters from the object instance. I mean, when I create an object, an instance number is automatically assigned, but later in the preset, I have to specify the instance. What about if for whatever reason instance number at object creation time changes and my parameters refer to an nonexistent or wrong instance?

Regards,

Miguel