CPE firmware pull

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Nov 24 08:05:46 EST 2016

Can I request a relaxing of the constraints for files? Currently a file has to match oui, product class, and software version to be able to push a file via the GUI. About a year ago SmartRG added an OUI. So I have to upload fw images twice, once for each OUI.

I know the TR069 spec says a devices unique identifier is OUI, product class, and serial number. But in most environments I'm betting that having two different devices with the same product class is slim to none. So my proposal is to remove OUI from the qualifiers for pushing a file.

-dan