Implementing a set-before-get-behaviour with presets

sclark at tpg.com.au sclark at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 10 01:12:07 EDT 2016

Hi Zaid,

In regards to this answer on ordering:

On 22/03/16 03:47, Zaid Abdulla wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-03-18 at 14:40 +0100, Oliver Kraitschy wrote:
>> - How is weight evaluated and used? Does it determine an order of
>> execution or a precedence of execution?
> It doesn't determine the ordering, it determines which preset takes
> proirity in case of configuration conflicts.

Can you explain this "takes priority in case of a configuration
conflict", perhaps with an example?

Also, If we want to have an ordering of presets, (some preset to be be
tested before others, and knowing that caching is in effect, and
settings not being refreshed) would we have to delete them an add them
back in a certain order to obtain this ordering effect?

Cheers, Stuart