Implementing a set-before-get-behaviour with presets

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Oct 12 06:11:31 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 16:12 +1100, sclark at tpg.com.au wrote:
> Can you explain this "takes priority in case of a configuration
> conflict", perhaps with an example?

Say you have two presets that set the same parameter. The value from
the preset with the highest weight will be the one pushed to the
device.

> Also, If we want to have an ordering of presets, (some preset to be
> be tested before others, and knowing that caching is in effect, and
> settings not being refreshed) would we have to delete them an add
> them back in a certain order to obtain this ordering effect?

Not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but the ordering of
presets shouldn't matter. All preset preconditions are tested
atomically and the ones that match will then be applied.

--
Zaid Abdulla
zaid at genieacs.com