How to get custom params from CPE from GenieACS

Oliver Kraitschy oliver at okraits.de
Tue Aug 29 05:40:46 EDT 2017

On 29.08.2017 05:00, Hidayat Halim wrote:

> 1. Lets say that I have several devices which I wanted to categorize
> into several categories. Can you advice me on what is the recommended
> way to do that?

What do you want to use the categories for? For presets/provisions?

I can think of at least 3 ways to group devices:

- assign tags to devices and use those in preconditions in presets
- use preconditions to run a preset only for a number of devices,
grouped by Productclass, Model, Subnet, etc.
- use a custom logic in a provision script to evaluate if actions need
to be applied to a certain device

> 2. I've read the wiki on Provision and I think this could help me with
> this problem. Is it possible to write a provision scripts that will run
> firmware_updates automatically on all devices from the same category
> without the need for the admin to push the firmware files manually on
> the devices?

Yes, see 1. Use preconditions to run a preset only for a group of devices.

Greetings,
Oliver