Session Timeout issue

Simon Ryf simon.ryf at dualstack.ch
Fri Jul 28 12:47:00 EDT 2017

Dear Community and Zaid,

At one installation, I have an issue with timeouts of a device.
(GenieACS 1.1.1)

Refreshing the whole tree (IGW.*) the device takes some time to respond but GenieACS is sending a TCP-FIN to the device after 5 seconds.
Setting the SESSION_TIMEOUT in ./config/config.json had no effect. On other installations, the timeout seems to be 30 seconds. I’m not sure where this is coming from.

When I use GET_PARAMETER_NAMES_DEPTH_THRESHOLD=2
I have the problem that on the first run the ACS is only collecting PARAMTER_NAMES but not their values.
In the next inform it does then collect the values as well. But I guess that is not the intended behaviour?

Do you have any thoughts where I need to look to change the timeout so the tcp-session is not closed after (only) 5 seconds?

[cid:image001.png at 01D307D1.E4944D40]

GenieACS 1.1.1 latest git (7e6eebc<https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/commit/7e6eebc486e5acc1818f4a10deba50acb1795d65>)
Debian 8.8 x64
Ruby 2.3.1