Presets don't execute

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Mar 8 06:10:27 EST 2017

-dan

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:21 AM, Oliver Kraitschy <oliver at okraits.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Sergio,
>
> thank you for your answer.
>
> Am 17.02.2017 22:27, schrieb Sergio Fernández:
>
>> The best way to adopt a provisioning system in v1.0 is to have an
>> external system to send tasks with all the needed config to CPEs. And
>> how do you notify that external system? Dan's fork has the answer:
>> https://github.com/akcoder/genieacs [3]
>
> Which external system do you use for that?
We use a home grown system.

>> Anyway, we have v1.1 now that is way better in handling these types of
>> provisions. That's one of the things I was waiting for since I started
>> to work with GenieACS v1.0.
>> Regards.
>
> Does that mean that with v1.1 an external system is not needed anymore and provisioning per device is possible with GenieACS alone? (I didn't have the time to look into v1.1 yet)

That depends entirely on your setup. If you are doing pppoe, then you will still need to interface with your subscriber management system to retrieve the pppoe credentials.

In our v1.1 setup, I query our software for the credentials via a JSON API I wrote, and under the covers the SMS matches the CPE to the account. Next the SMS API resets the pppoe password (passwords are never stored in our system). Finally, the API returns the credentials. This happens via an extension script.

Workflow from the genie side is CPE informs (or boot, bootstrap, what ever event you want to kickoff the provisioning script from). A preset kicks off the provisioning script (provisioning scripts tell genie the desired state of the CPE). Provisioning script tells genie to ensure there is at most 1 wanppp conn, then the prov script calls the extension script to get the pppoe credentials, provisioning script then sets the username/password on the wanppp instance.