AW: Virtual Parameter for External IP Address

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Nov 9 09:04:54 EST 2017

> Why you want work with virtual parameters and not with a provision?

I don’t think he understands the difference between the two as they both are scripted.

Here is the short answer. Provisions are used to well, provision a device. Add wan ip/ppp instance, set credentials, etc.

Virtual Parameters are for reading values and hiding the details about how the MAC address is retrieved for devices for example. I.e. for presenting figuring out if the Mac lives on the Device node or the InternetGatewayDevice node.