Service Unavailable

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Thu Apr 26 13:36:34 EDT 2018

On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 16:41 +0430, Sasan torabkheslat wrote:
> We saw Response 503 (Service Unavailable) error from GenieACS server
> and the following message in debug mode:
>
> # RESPONSE Sat Apr 21 2018 16:38:49 GMT+0430 (+0430)
> {"Retry-After":300}

This means the server is overloaded. Your server might be getting a
sudden surge of requests because a large number of devices are sending
their periodic informs at the same moment. To solve this, randomize the
value of PeriodicInformTime parameter to more evenly distribute the
load.

Something like this (not tested):

  const timeOffset = Math.trunc(Math.random() * 86400000);
  declare("InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime",
null, {value: timeOffset});

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>