Two ACSs

Simon Ryf simon.ryf at dualstack.ch
Thu Apr 26 16:20:32 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I don’t understand the use of splitting different cwmp-events to different instances, probably because it has not yet been explained why by Pera *wink* ;-).

However, I have had thoughts about load balancing and redundancy with GenieACS. As this thread is somewhat related here my question to Zaid / Dan:

Do you see any issues having two (separate / with different IP’s) instances of cwmp, nbi & gui accessing the same mongoDB of GenieACS?
I assume that since there is no CPE accessing both instances of cwmp at the same time, there is not going to be a write conflict within MongoDB – am I right?

We use dockerized GenieACS (one container as GUI and another as CWMP/NBI/FS) for some time now quite successfully. Being able to scale that up having multiple instances of a container maybe even on different Bare-metals would be nice but I don’t make the effort of testing if you say that this could cause write conflicts on the mongoDB.

As a side note: I also thought of separating CWMP, NBI and FS going more in the direction of micro-services – however getting also reduced container sizes would mean to deal with npm and knowing what service is using what library. And I have yet to come across another language making such a painfully overcomplicated and complete mess regarding libs as node/js. (Sorry I had to say that). If someone did that already – please let me know :)

Br
Simon