[GenieACS] ACS server can ping to CPE, but not refresh and return an error "Device Offline"

George Chelidze george.chelidze at magticom.ge
Wed Dec 19 03:10:17 EST 2018

On 12/19/18 11:03 AM, Lê Văn Vượng wrote:
> Hi George,
> I was enable "Connection Request" on CPE device and ACS can reach CPE.
> However, just some devices can not refresh while other device still
> successful.

To investigate what's the root cause of the problem you can use
incremental approach:

1. Instead of hitting "Refresh" button, try to refresh one particular
object and check if it's successful
(InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformEnableseems to be
a good candidate). If that works, you know that "Connection Request"
mechanism works with this CPE so you can dig deeper.

2. Try to compare software versions between two devices (one for which
refresh works with one for which it fails) maybe they are different. If
this is the case, make sure that the same problem exists with other
devices with the same software version.

3. Debug your ACS and CPE. In many cases you can find a lot of
information in your logs.

4. Capture network trace on ACS and if possible on CPE, compare them.
You'lll have a view of actual data transfered on the wire.

5. Discuss your findings with your vendor providing traces, debug logs, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

George