Http/Https cwmp listen

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Feb 14 01:51:19 EST 2018

On Tue, 2018-02-06 at 20:31 +0000, Johan Söderström wrote:
> I can’t just switch the device on the https, I need to do a firmware
> upgrade to activate the ssl certificate on the device.
>
> What I found strange is that I see the cwmp service responding to my
> device in http but the server does not want to discover the new
> device coming.
> This is why I wish to have both service active at the same time.

You can run a separate genieacs-cwmp instance to listen to HTTP in
addition to the HTTPS one. It will need to be on a different port
though.

I once managed to make it listen to both HTTP and HTTPS on the same
port by looking at the first couple of bytes of the TCP connection to
determine if it's HTTP or HTTPS and pipe the traffic to different ports
accordingly. Not trivial, but certainly possible. There may even
existing proxy servers that have this feature. Let us know if you find
one.

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>