issue with certain devices not registering after reboot

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Jan 31 16:11:23 EST 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 17:35 -0300, Diego Garcia del Rio wrote:
> Is a subsequent response from the device missing? I'm having a hard
> time following the TR69 spec to know if this is cleanly closed or
> not. Or is it only that the connection should be closed from their
> side instead of timing out.

Yes. After InformResponse the device should send an RPC request or an
empty message. It's possible that the device is actually sending a
request but not properly including the cookie header required for
session identification. However I doubt that is the case because as you
previously stated it normally works fine.

> Also, even if the connection is timing out, shouldn't GenieACS commit
> the received info to the DB?

As per the spec, changes in a given session should only be comitted if
the session is successfully terminated.

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>