IDENTIFYING OFFLINE DEVICE

Spencer Lambert spence at isphelper.com
Thu Oct 11 13:27:20 EDT 2018

I would just leave the pending tasks, letting them clear when the device does it's next inform.

If you are worried about stacking up a big list of refeshObjects on offline devices.  You can do a few things.

1) Before adding new tasks, check the count on current pending tasks, only adding new tasks if pending is below an acceptable threshold.

2) A good way to know if a device is truly offline, is to look at the time of the last inform, add the inform interval time, checking if this time is less than the now time.  If the the device is over-due on it's inform, you can assume the device is hard offline.

Spence