Refreshing Parameter Values

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Sep 10 14:11:27 EDT 2018

So the way second parameter works is GenieACS will only update if the data
in its cached model is older than the value given. I.e.,
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestURL",
{value: now}); tells GenieACS to *always* refresh parameter the value
because the cached data will always be older than now. {value: 1} is unix
epoch, i.e. 1-Jan-1970 at 00:00:00. So giving a time value of 1 tells Genie
to *only* refresh the parameter if it doesn't know about it.

If you want to refresh an entire tree, you need to explicitly tell GenieACS
that:
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.*", {value: 1});

That will tell GenieACS to refresh the parameters in the entire mgmt server
tree if it doesn't already have a value for that parameter. Given that
InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer shouldn't ever change via an
external value, you wouldn't need to use {value: now}. Yes the
InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestURL
parameter changes, but that will be included in the parameter list by the
CPE when it does an inform.

Make sense?

-dan