GenieACS in

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Mar 16 15:07:51 EDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 13:05 +0100, Alexei Pastuchov wrote:
> Actually GenieACS doesn't match the requirements because lack of NAT-
> Support. But it looks like Notification-based Approach (G.2.2.2.2
> https://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-069_Amendment-
> 5.pdf ) could be done with justifiable effort and I consider to
> contribute to the GenieACS project in this way. I'll gladly support
> you if you are working on the solution already.

We prioritize features based mainly on the needs of our the needs of
our commercial clients and, to a lesser extent, popular demand from the
community. This is not requested often and since it's deprecated in the
latest amendment, the new XMPP based approach will likely be
implemented first. Having said that, we'd gladly take your money to
implement it :) Or you may implement it yourself and I can provide my
feedback when needed.

> Does any ISP use GenieACS in business production environment already?
> If so, which kind of CPE you company uses?

I have no record of how many production deployments are out there. But
we do manage quite a few ourselves. If GenieACS meets your
requirements, then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Zaid