Timestamps and values in a declare()

Sergio Fernández sergio19932 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 03:58:08 EDT 2017

Hello, I've been reading the documentation about the declare() function
https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/wiki/Provisions#declarepath-timestamps-values

But the only thing that explains about the timestamp and values is the
attributes each one has.

I know when doing a GPN, if you set the timestamp to Date.now(), the
database renews the data. But what is the case for SPN? When null is used,
and when is Date.now()? I tend to see all the definitions for these
arguments mixed up, and in some example scripts, they are used
interchangeably.

Could this explanation in the wiki be deepened? In which situations would
it be useful to use, and where? Another something that confuses me is that
these both arguments (timestamp, and values) they both have the same
attributes (value, writable, object, path). Why would a timestamp have a
writable, object, or path arguments? It is only a value!

Thank you so much for the explanation.

Sergio Fernández Rubio - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergiofdz/
(+34) 687 016 994
CEO @ ACSdesk