Provision not applied to cpe

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Apr 4 12:14:11 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:08 PM Ebenezer <eejukorlem at ipnxnigeria.net> wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Also, thanks for the correction on refreshing WLANConnection instances.
>
> "*Where aren't you seeing the values at? In the CPE GUI, or GenieACS
> gui?"*
> I do not see the values in the CPE GUI. *Only the SSID value on the
> "WLANCommection.2" instance is set on both the CPE GUI and the GenieACS gui*.
> All other values are set on the GenieACS gui, but do not show up on the CPE
> gui.

What does the device log say? Most CPEs unfortunately do not put all error
messages in the syslog, and instead only go to the console. Open up your
CPE and see if you have a 4 pin serial connection. If so, get a USB serial
breakout cable
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-FTDI-USB-3-3V-5-5V-to-TTL-Serial-Adapter-Module-for-Arduino-Mini-Ports/222655931837>
and attach it. You will probably see a lot more diagnostic information on
the serial console then you will in the syslog (device log). Common serial
parameters are 115200,8,N,1.

*Additional info:** The CPE vendor supports setting values on the
> "WANPPPConnection.1" instance only. Using the script in question, the
> values on this instance are set on the GenieACS gui, **but the values are
> not seen on the CPE GUI.*
>
> Try putting the bolded line in your provision script. This will cause
genie to refresh the parameter names/values for the PPP connection.

declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANPPPConnection.*",
null, {path: 1});
log('Create WANPPPConnection objects if necessary');
*declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANPPPConnection.*.*",
{path: now, value: now});*

At any rate, I'd suggest you take this to the discord forum
<https://forum.genieacs.com/> as the mailing list is going to be shut
down shortly.

-dan